10 November 2011

Mock Trial Skills Really DO Come In Handy

Good news: all of the sleepless nights and chewed-to-the-bone fingernails and stress-induced migraines from 4 years of mock trial were not spent in vain.

I actually used some of my mock SKILLZ at work.

Of course, not at any sort of work related in any way to the law, but I'll take what I can get.

There was a big meeting for prospective parents, and King Teacher wanted to make a video of some of the American teachers talking about how awesome EOS is.

Guess who got picked?

Of course.

So I have to write a one-minute thing about how the English Only System is the coolest, etc etc. No problem.

I have to memorize it.

Memorize a one minute speech? Before breakfast.

Deliver it to a camcorder in an otherwise empty room?

I really wish I could say that was the first time I've done something like that.

So I do the whole thing in three takes, and King Teacher is just astounded.

For the record, the other teacher who had to do the same thing took over ten tries.

Just sayin.

Mock trial representttt

1 comment: