04 January 2012

Apologies

I'm probably the most negligent blogger in the universe. In a mere day's time, I will have not posted anything for an entire month.

Oops?

Anyways, I do have a semi-good reason: I'm trying something new.

I know, right?


I imagine your reactions went something like this. 

Anyways, I've been trying to have what I believe you non-hermit people call "a social life". I'm probably mispronouncing it, but hey-- baby steps. 

Normally, I tend to branch out about as much as a palm tree, which is to say, not at all.

But these days my friends' choice of activities has left me no choice but to make other friends. They went SKIING last weekend. Uh, no thank you.

These new friends have "interests" and like to "do stuff together", so that's left me very little time for blogging. 

Fortunately, all of this activity means I have a lot of great new material to work with. Whether or not I will have time to post it or not is an entirely separate question.

Several of these new friends are not from the US, leading to a lot of mistranslation (everyone) and embarrassing instances of downright ignorance (just me).


I am now that American. 

A teaser:

I asked if there was a bridge between England and Ireland. 

The short answer is no, there is actually an entire SEA. It takes an hour to cross it in an AIRPLANE.

So. 

There's that.

Look forward to more entries to come in the near future!

1 comment:

  1. Finally another blog post! Don't sweat the ignorant American role; I met a Finnish girl in Spain and I wished her a safe trip back to Sweden (because in my head, they're all the same thing anyway).

    MORE BLOG POSTS.

    ReplyDelete