05 October 2011

No Oven = Big Problem

But seriously.

This is a very #whitegirlproblems kind of post, so if you're not into that, get lost.

I need to vent.

I knew before coming here that my kitchen would be sparse, and I was fine with that. Stucco's kitchen had a lot of space, but hardly anything by way of countertops or cupboard space (the essentials, really).

So I thought, gee, I've been kitchen-deprived before, no worries.

WRONG.

MANY WORRIES.

In a vain attempt to head off my desire (need) for an oven, I spent all summer baking up a storm.

Cakes, cookies, bread, anything. I just wanted to slap something in there at 375 and taunt my entire family with the delicious smells for 20 minutes, give or take.

And it worked. Probably a little too well.

(Sorry waistline...)

Unfortunately, I sort of.... overcorrected.

I baked SO much this summer, that now ALL I want is something baked.

RUH. ROH.

Of course, it doesn't help that I stalk foodblogs on the reg and drool over the lucsious deserts (literally? You decide.).

But even without the sweet tooth element, I'm still really hurting for an oven. HOW GOOD does a roast chicken sound? Roasted vegetables? Chicken cacciatore? Enchiladas? (Granted, the whole tortilla thing might present a whole new issue but STILL).

For God's sake, I'd take a tuna casserole.

TUNA. CASSEROLE.

Things are getting desperate around here.

Here's a picture list of things I want:



























 










And that's only the stuff I have time for between classes.....

Wish me luck. I'm gonna need it!

2 comments: